University Middle Faculty Job Description
Purpose and Scope
University Middle seeks to fill four faculty positions for grade 6 or 7 to teach 75 sixth or
seventh grade students. The school is interested in applicants with a commitment to
project-based learning and competency-based assessment. Content experts are specifically
sought for humanities, mathematics, and STEM subject areas. Applicants will be expected
to demonstrate excellence in teaching, enthusiasm for innovative education, a commitment
to diversity and inclusion, and a student-centered approach. University Middle faculty
educate and support middle school-aged students as well as supervise interns and teacher
candidates and assist in research in the University community. All University Middle faculty
will also be expected to engage in project-based learning experiences through partnerships
developed within the larger community, as well as support at least one student
engagement experience that occurs outside of the traditional classroom environment.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develop and demonstrate deep knowledge of content area and instructional pedagogy.
2. Incorporate knowledge of students needs including academic abilities, developmental strengths or challenges, language and culture into the design of instruction.
3. Work with University Middle staff and faculty in designing lesson plans and units.
4. Develop and maintain strong, respectful, and productive relationships with all members of the school community.
5. Create a classroom culture that supports the University Middle mission and vision.
6. Actively monitor student understanding and performance within and beyond the classroom to inform planning and instruction.
7. Maintain accurate records of completion of student assignments, student progress/grades and non-instructional records needed to support teaching and the functioning of the school.
8. Comply with school, district, and state regulations.
9. Attends training, conferences and workshops as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
10. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful completion of TBI Background Check
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
Tennessee Teacher License with certification in middle school instruction