Middle School Teacher Position:
Capstone Education Group seeks highly skilled middle school teachers to continue to build a high-performing middle school, Lester Prep for 2020-2021.
This is a unique opportunity to join the work of expanding three high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a new program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized as a TVAAS 5 school, scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test and earned double digit gains in proficiency over the prior year on TCAP. US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan recognized the school for outstanding student achievement during his visit to Memphis last year.
CEG teachers enjoy significant support, professional development, planning time and career opportunities:
- ▪ There are 3 Directors of Curriculum and Instructions/teacher coaches for every school, creatingsignificant individual support for every teacher, helping teachers solve classroom problems and grow professionally. Individual and small group PD sessions occur during daily planning periods and 1 afternoon weekly
- ▪ Every school has designated behavior teams and counselor to support classroom teachers
- ▪ Middle school teachers enjoy low teacher-student ratios (1 adult for every 8 students) and access toschool leaders and coaches (each coach leads 4 teachers)Cornerstone Prep and Lester Prep schools will continue to add students in grades k-8 to the existing three schools in the 2020-2021 school year and seeks outstanding teachers to lead this work. Please apply soon to be considered for positions in this growing organization.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
- ▪ Work with the Director of Culture and Principal to design and implement outstanding curriculum and instructional strategies to ensure all students achieve at high levels
- ▪ Create effective curriculum maps
- ▪ Create, review and refine assessments, including Exit Tickets, Do Nows, interim and final assessments
- ▪ Create outstanding lesson plans
- ▪ Ensure that all lesson plans and assessments correlate directly to Common Core standards
- ▪ Produce dramatic and consistent student achievement gains
- ▪ Continuously create and refine effective instructional practices
- ▪ Willingness to receive constant feedback and apply feedback immediately
- ▪ Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties willbe in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.Qualifications:
▪ Teaching certification required
▪ An unwavering conviction that all urban students can achieve at high levels
▪ Commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all students for college success ▪ Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains
▪ Entrepreneurial spirit, passion and energy
▪ Goal-driven, self-reflective and analytical problem solver
▪ Ability to work well in a team of high-performers
Visit www.lesterprepmemphis.org for more information on our middle school.
- Willingness to be a team player and at times take on duties above and beyond those listed
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to have firm, loving, honest conversations with students and parents
- Belief in the need for consistent rewards, consequences and behavior systems across all classes and grades
- An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levelsCapstone Education Group
- Capstone Education Group leads three neighborhood charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (prek-5) and Lester Prep (6-8).
- Capstone Education Group’s Vision: CEG equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
- Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.