St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as a First Grade Associate Teacher beginning August, 2021.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Letter of Agreement, one year
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required, in Early Childhood or Elementary Education preferred
Previous Experience: some experience working with children in an educational setting is required
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
- work as a member of a two-person, grade-level teaching team with fewer than twenty students;
- use effective teaching methods and deploy an engaging curriculum focused on English, Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies;
- support a program that meets the social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative needs of individual students and the community;
offer small group and individualized help to in person and remote learners to meet student learning needs while evaluating student learning and progress;
- manage a classroom environment that is efficient, comfortable, neat, attractive, and engaging;
- implement consistent, effective limit-setting discipline for children and create a positive classroom climate; and
- value and create strong communication and partnership with families.
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and to interact with campus visitors. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment, be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Angie Simpson, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1880 Wolf River Blvd. Collierville, TN 38017.