This is a unique opportunity to join the work of expanding two high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a new program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized for consistently earning TVAAS 5 ratings from the state, been the highest performing organization in the ASD for three consecutive years, scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test and earned record proficiency in math and science on the state assessment. In 2018, Cornerstone Prep Lester earned the highest achievements rates in the district in math and science and in 2019, Cornerstone Prep Denver led the district in math proficiency and Lester Prep received a TVAAS 5 for the third consecutive year. Cornerstone Prep and Lester Prep schools will continue to add students in grades K-8 to the existing three schools and seeks outstanding teammates to lead this work. Please apply soon to be considered for positions in this growing organization.
Mission: Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
– Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and other professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students’ educational, physical, and social development
– Work in general education classrooms throughout the school day for students who need additional support
– Utilize pull-out sessions as needed to provide extra, focused instruction
– Participate in the school’s intervention block
– Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of skills, language, cognition, and memory
– Modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies
– Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
– Create and maintain baseline measures and ensure all assessments conducted
– Follow up with providers to confirm that IEP attendance, reports, and services are being completed
– Be available for Special Education families on an as-needed basis
– Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations
– Test students as necessary during state testing and prepare, administer, and grade interim tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress
– Active Tennessee teaching licensure in SPED
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Belief that there is not a more urgent task than to provide an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
– An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels
– Commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all students for college success
– Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains
– Entrepreneurial spirit, passion and energy
– Ability to work well in a team of high-performers
– Goal-driven, self-reflective and analytical problem solver
– Willingness to be a team player and at times take on duties above and beyond those listed
– Organized and detail oriented
– Ability to have firm, loving, honest conversations with students and parents
– Belief in the need for consistent rewards, consequences and behavior systems across all classes and grades
Capstone Education Group
– Capstone Education Group leads three neighborhood charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (Pre-K-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (Pre-K-5) and Lester Prep (6-8).
– Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org/joinourteam to view all of our open positions and for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.