***$5000.00 signing bonus for licensed teachers only.***
English as a Second Language Teacher/ SLPA/ ELL Teacher – A Southern Ave Charter School Teacher must
- Create a nurturing environment conducive for learning and exploration.
- Provide appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students’ needs and correct existing speech and/or language disorders in accordance with Individual Education Program.
- Provide developmental English Language services for students identified as English Language Learners.
- WIDA certified.
- Observe, screen, and assess students referred for Speech/Language services and English as a Second Language.
- Distribute referral paperwork to appropriate team members.
- Review referral documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain files compliance documentation.lead small groups of students in literacy intervention curriculum with ESL modifications called Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI). This curriculum encompasses all aspects of literacy instruction including phonics, site words, comprehension, and writing.
- Support student’s academic growth by demonstrating and implementing integrity, compassion, and responsibility.