St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as a Middle and Upper School Spanish teacher beginning August, 2021.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in the teaching of Spanish as a second language is preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
• help students gain fluency in Spanish with the ability to work with beginners to the language as well as those who are more advanced by using ACTFL Can-Do Statements and Proficiency Guidelines;
• have the ability to Spanish I through AP Spanish in the Middle and Upper schools;
• integrate engaging cultural and historical experiences within the study of the language;
• work with other language colleagues to ensure a cohesive program that includes effective learning techniques, engaging and authentic projects, and field experiences which will combine to engender a passion for language learning;
• work with students in our Advisory program to nurture students’ personal growth, learning, and achievement; we well as
• being engaged in community life, attending specific school events outside of the school day, and supervising students as needed.
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and to interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment, be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Angie Simpson, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1880 Wolf River Blvd. Collierville, TN 38017.