St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as a Little Georgie’s Teacher beginning August, 2021.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a high school diploma, and three years of relevant experience. A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in early childhood or elementary education is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
• consistent and high-quality care and education of infants and/or toddlers
• designing and implementing creative, engaging, student-centered learning opportunities
• attending to the dietary and health needs of very young children
• maintaining the established policies and procedures of an early care and education center
• effectively managing student behavior with kindness and respect, emphasizing positive reinforcement and redirection as primary strategies
• communicating positively and proactively with parents
• management of a classroom environment that is efficient, comfortable, neat, attractive, and engaging
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, lift at least 35 pounds, walk, talk, hear, and to interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment, be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Angie Simpson, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1880 Wolf River Blvd. Collierville, TN 38017.