St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as Interim Lower School Science and Social Studies Teacher at the Germantown campus, from August 9th through September 17th of 2021.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Type: Daily rate of pay
Duration: Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
• use effective teaching methods and deploy an engaging and integrated curriculum;
• support a program that meets the social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative needs of individual students and the community;
• offer small group and individualized help to meet student learning needs while evaluating student learning and progress;
• manage a classroom environment that is efficient, comfortable, neat, attractive and engaging;
• implement consistent, effective limit-setting discipline for children and create a positive classroom climate;
• value and create strong communication and partnership with families
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment and be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.