SCS is preparing for forecasted learning loss caused by COVID-19 and has created a new role – Specialized Educational Assistants – to support our students. The position is posted now, and we are accepting applications.
Specialized Education Assistants will:
• Perform specialized work to assist teachers so that students master learning objectives.
• Reinforce skills introduced by teachers.
• Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work designed and assigned by teachers.
• Partner with teachers to maintain a well-organized, smoothly functioning learning environment where students benefit fully from instruction and available resources.
• Work with individual students, or small groups, to improve skills that will increase student learning.
Minimum qualifications require that applicants:
• Hold an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university, or have completed two (2) years of college (minimum of 48 semester hours), or a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment Test.
• One (1) year of experience working with children in an educational setting, preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.