Shelby County Schools looking for an experienced educator with a desire to “pass the torch” to future classroom leaders in a new “CCTE – Teaching as a Profession” role.
In the Classroom:
Teaching as a Profession is designed for students interested in becoming an educator. In this program of study, course content covers the components of instruction, teaching strategies, types of assessments, student learning, special populations, educational technology, classroom management, lesson planning, professionalism, and more. Upon completion of this POS, students will have participated in an internship placement and built a professional portfolio in preparation for advanced training as future educators at the postsecondary level.
In this position, you will:
• Encourage and train students, in the field of Education
• Assist district efforts to create a pipeline for future educators
• Teach the district’s established curriculum
• Develop Work-Based Learning opportunities aligning to students’ instructional interests
• Promote 21st century learning and innovation skills
• Evaluate student performance
• Maintain a focused and engaging learning environment
• Report to the Principal and CTE Director(s)
• 3 or more years of teaching experience
• Valid TN or Out-of-State Teaching License with a 6-12 Secondary Endorsement
• Strong grasp of endorsed content area
• Prior instructional leadership or coaching experience
• Strong communication skills
• A good understanding of the agriculture industry and potential career pathways for students
Why You Should Work for SCS:
SCS Ready Grad programs feature 40+ College, Career & Technical Education (CCTE) course offerings that give students the real world skills, education and experience to pursue any path after graduation. It’s the most valuable high school experience a student can get! From STEM, business and manufacturing to health services, hospitality, IT and many more, students have access to dozens of college courses and job certifications in high-demand fields while they’re in high school. Plus, our Early College programs allow students to take courses for credit on local college campuses, and our industry partners provide exciting opportunities for internships and job placement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,965.00 – $84,445.00 per year