Shelby County Schools looking for a veteran of the Cybersecurity industry to pass along their knowledge as a classroom teacher. The district’s CCTE program has successfully transitioned experienced professionals with no teaching background into successful educators. We will provide you with ongoing training and the tools needed to conduct our curriculum.
In the Classroom:
The Cybersecurity program is designed for students with interests in protecting computers, networks, programs and data from unintended access, change or destruction. The content includes foundational and skills computer and network security, security vulnerabilities, intrusion and prevention, cryptographic systems, risk identification access control, and recovery.
In this position, you will:
• Encourage and train students, in the field of Information Technology
• Infuse technology into the curriculum.
• Introduce students to varying levels of web terminology and concepts
• Monitor changes that occur in the industry and discipline of Cybersecurity.
• Evaluate student performance
• Maintain a focused and engaging learning environment
• Report to the Principal and CTE Director(s)
• 3 or more years of professional experience
• A good understanding of the industry and potential career pathways for students
• Associate’s Degree or above
• Industry Certification (i.e. A+, Net Plus, CIW, CISCO, etc.)
Why You Should Work for SCS:
SCS Ready Grad programs feature 40+ College, Career & Technical Education (CCTE) course offerings that give students the real world skills, education and experience to pursue any path after graduation. It’s the most valuable high school experience a student can get! From STEM, business and manufacturing to health services, hospitality, IT and many more, students have access to dozens of college courses and job certifications in high-demand fields while they’re in high school. Plus, our Early College programs allow students to take courses for credit on local college campuses, and our industry partners provide exciting opportunities for internships and job placement.