About Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School:
Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School (SACS) is a free public charter school serving in the Memphis community for over 15 years. The school was founded by the executive director Elise Evans, and a cohort of concerned parents from Mrs. Evans childcare services. Southern Avenue Charter School is a high performing school in academics, creative arts, and socialization. SACS prides itself on providing rigorous and engaging learning opportunities while communicating with all stakeholders effectively. Becoming an employee of SACS is a privilege and a grand opportunity to inspire and uplift young scholars, while gaining insight and collaborating with fellow educators. SACS is one of the first schools with the motto of “Educating the Whole Child”.
Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an instructor at SACS, you will deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual. In addition, you will empower students to take control of their own learning and contribute to the continuous improvement of our nationally recognized model. Your professional learning community will provide a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel your growth and development. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to earn a college degree.
What You Will Do:
● Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college
● Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with Tennessee State Standards and SACS Instructional Model
● Assess students regularly and refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs
● Communicate regularly with students and families and involve families as partners in their child’s education
● Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs and improve instructional practices throughout the school
● Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, principal, and instructional coaches
What You Will Bring:
● Bachelor’s degree
● Valid Multiple Subject Teaching Credential required for Elementary Education
● 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
● Knowledge of subject matter, including State Standards and subject-specific frameworks
● Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
● Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
● Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
- Tennessee Professional Educator License preferred.
Eligibility for Tennessee Professional Educator License required.
Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.