- Assist Lead Teachers in the development and submission of daily and weekly lesson plans (Thursday prior to teaching) to Principal (includes at a minimum: TN or Core standard, learning target, assessments, brief agenda, and all scholar materials) and revise after receiving feedback.
- Assume the teacher’s full role in the absence of the teacher and supervises the trained volunteer/substitute who will act as the teacher assistant during that period;
- Establish and communicate clear and measurable objectives for all learning activities;
- Deliver clear, concise, objective-driven lessons daily while effectively and respectfully communicating scholar progress with scholars, families and administration.
- Meet and plan during all scheduled grade level meeting times each week to ensure consistency, to plan for scholar support, and to ensure academic rigor.
- Be open to frequent informal observations by administrators and other teachers and implement feedback received.
- A passionate belief in Promise Academy’s mission, values, and educational model.
- One or two years of teaching, or completion of a teacher preparation course or substantial experience working with students in an instructional setting.
- College degree strongly preferred, but current students will be considered
- Understanding of early childhood education and child development preferred
- Email your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may be contacted by a team member to schedule an interview if you matriculate to the next phase of the hiring process.