A PES Teacher will be responsible for teaching students a variety of fundamental subjects as well as integrating a research-based Social Emotional Learning curriculum throughout the day. These subjects will include social studies, science, language arts (phonics, reading, writing, listening, and speaking), and math.
We are currently searching for a 1st Grade Teacher for the 2020 – 2021 school year. The Teacher will serve as the classroom Instructor and will work alongside an Instructional Assistant; together, they will:
• Provide children with a fully-integrated learning day.
• Teach student skills of self-regulation and communication.
• Teach students through active engagement.
• Engage students in lines of inquiry to enhance their learning.
• Evaluate child’s achievement of the overall grade-level expectations based on the TDOE standards.
• Communicate with parents and students regularly.
• Model emotional regulation for students.
• Teach appropriate behaviors in the school setting.
• Model understanding and response for behavior.
• Create and model clear rules in the classroom and for the outside world.
• Model consistent expectations for the classroom.
• Use positive discipline tactics that are developmentally appropriate aligned to Perea’s Student Support Model
• Help students develop positive relationships with each other and other people in their lives.
• Teach emotional intelligence in a way that is practical and relevant.
• Teach and model behavior of strong readers and listeners to encourage development.
• Teach students how to use words to express increasingly sophisticated feelings.
• Teach students the foundations of literacy and numeracy.
• Help families identify potential strengths and areas of growth to meet the individual needs of each student.
• Helps families’ access resources and supports for wrap around services.
• Participate in professional learning; share professional resources.
• Praise students in order to acknowledge their development and achievements using appropriate words and body language.
• Conduct all work activities in a timely and professional manner reflecting best educational practices.
• Support and reinforce Perea’s Core Values: community, empathy, innovation, safety and excellence with our students, parents, community members and colleagues
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of academic achievement and a valid Tennessee Teacher License
• Affinity for the compelling mission of Perea Elementary School
• Personal and professional integrity