Cornerstone Prep Lester, Capstone Education Group, Binghampton
Opportunity: This is a unique opportunity to join the work of expanding two high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a new program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized for consistently earning TVAAS 5 ratings from the state, been the highest performing organization in the ASD for three consecutive years, scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test and earned record proficiency in math and science on the state assessment. In 2018, Cornerstone Prep Lester earned the highest achievements rates in the district in math and science and in 2019, Cornerstone Prep Denver led the district in math proficiency and Lester Prep received a TVAAS 5 for the third consecutive year.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
● Provide physical education instruction to students in grades PreK-5.
● Plan, organize and deliver lessons consistent with the physical education curriculum of the students’ grade level.
● Organize skill development and game sessions, with focus on participation, cooperation and skill acquisition
● Develop motor and cognitive as well as physical skills
● Provide maximum physical activity time within the class period
● Motivate children to be physically active outside of school
● Implement effective classroom management and high expectations consistent with the rest of the school
● Communicate regularly and effectively with classroom teachers, school based administrators, and the principal regarding student growth and needs
● Interact in a professional manner with students and parents
● Actively support whole school goals and values
● Support during Math or ELA intervention block
● Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
● Active TN PE Teaching certification
● Bachelor’s degree
● Passion to deliver an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
● Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
● An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
● Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
● Strong communicator who is organized, reliable and detailed and effectively uses data for purposeful planning
● Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
● Value common language, assessments and systems in every CEG school