The primary goal of this position is to assist teachers in teaching the necessary concepts to students within the designated units. Provides direct non-certificated instructional support 100% of the time.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide open tutoring as scheduled both in the classroom and in the main room of the center
- Clearly post and market availability of tutoring along with schedule
- Maintain a consistent schedule as arranged with their supervisor
- Support the teachers
- During open times, work to create step-by-step solution manuals for the center
- Keep the work area neat and clean
- Instructs students in all subjects within a small classroom environment and/or 1 on 1 situation.
- Communicates with teachers, advising them on the conduct and performance of their students while they are participating in any classroom instruction.
- Meets with students to discuss areas of development.
- Counsels students in subject area concerns.
- Monitors student performance within the areas of class work, attendance and discipline as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with teachers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team player with colleagues and administrators.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Access to daily reliable transportation.
- Ability to organize a variety of tasks locally and in different geographic areas.
- Ability to handle daily classroom instruction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Proficient knowledge through all subjects.
- Proficient computer knowledge and previous experience with Microsoft software.
- Ability to share life experiences with students in relation to the class content.
- Ability to engage, motivate, support and encourage at-risk students coming from a variety of educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Provide an energetic classroom experience and tutoring.
- Ability to provide an example of strong self-esteem, confidence and leadership.
Education and Experience: Minimum high school degree