This position provides support for Pathways teachers and students in our mission to efficiently and effectively educate students and move them towards high school graduation.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Provide instructional teaching duties while teacher is away
- Student work product accountability
- Manage student attendance
- Contact parents/students
- Communicate with teacher of record upon their return
- Grading student work
- Communicate weekly schedule with supervisors
- Provide instructional teaching support to assist center teaching staff as needed
- Communicate with supervisors
- Assist with grading
- Assist staff with center organization
- Support center with additional grading support
- Proactively manages personal schedule to support needs of center(s)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, students/parents, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong organizational and proofreading skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to follow up on task commitments and give updates as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining courtesy and professionalism.
- Ability to travel as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Ability to make decisions, exercising reasonable independent judgment and discretion with minimal guidance and/or supervision.
Education and Experience:
Minimum BA degree or equivalent
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.