The Teacher is our most important resource. His/her duties are to ensure that students receive quality instruction, make educational progress, and reach their academic goals. Teachers are primarily responsible for delivering Pathways educational program.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Instruct students in multiple subjects, using various teaching methods, audiovisual aids and other materials.
- Prepare outline for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines and state and school requirements.
- Assist pupils in selecting course of study.
- Counsel students in adjustment and academic problems.
- Participate in various community groups or functions, faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Meet with students and parents to discuss student progress and challenges.
- Participates in related activities, such as student organizations or committees.
- Administer tests to evaluate pupil progress, assess student work productivity and record results.
- Keep attendance records and maintain student files and transcripts.
- Assist with State-mandated student testing.
- Assist Program Manager with monitoring and implementing Special Education requirements and IEP’s.
- Assist with bi-monthly and year-end audits.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, inviting, professional center for students to attend.
- Perform other administrative functions and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to teach and delegate responsibility to students.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to synergize with field and corporate staff to implement the educational program.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem-solving skills, while maintaining courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database management.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum BA/BS
- Tennessee Teaching Credential – Practitioner Teacher with a 7-12 endorsement – 2nd issuance.
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.