St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as a Part-Time Little Georgies Teacher beginning immediately.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Type: Hourly, approximately 20 hours a week
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma, and one year of relevant experience. A bachelor’s degree in early childhood or elementary education and more than one year of experience is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
• provide consistent and high-quality care and education of infants and/or toddlers
• design and implement creative, engaging, student-centered learning opportunities
• attend to the dietary and health needs of very young children
• maintain the established policies and procedures of an early care and education center
• effectively manage student behavior with kindness and respect, emphasizing positive reinforcement and redirection as primary strategies
• communicate positively and proactively with parents
• manage a classroom environment that is efficient, comfortable, neat, attractive, and engaging
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and to interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. You must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment, be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Angie Simpson, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1880 Wolf River Blvd. Collierville, TN 38017.