Olivia’s Montessori Preschool 2755 Appling Rd. 38133
List anything an applicant would need to know in advance:
- I am looking for someone that delights in working with children and will do all that they can to create a wonderful learning environment for the children.
- I am looking for a mature person that will arrive for work every day and will be on time every single day. OMP is a very small school so we rely on daily attendance.
- The position is 7:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
- I am looking for a person that is neat and organized.
- I am looking for a person that is communicative.
- This is a beautiful and small preschool.
- I have a small staff therefore everyone is required to be at work daily.
- I follow the Shelby County School closing.There are approximately 6 weeks of school closings.
- Applicants are not allowed to bring their children to work.
- The school is very small and isn’t able to offer health insurance.
- The pay is $15 an hour.
IN PERSON INTERVIEW PROCESS
I want to know what job skills an applicant has.
Once a meeting is scheduled applicants come to school and spend 20 minutes leading a small group of children:
- Introduce yourself by your formal name
- Read a short story. Name the author and the illustrator. Direct children to listen quietly to the entire story and then ask questions if they have any.
- Lead the children in a song
- Lead the children in a finger play
- Applicants must be willing to learn and utilize all that the school has to offer.
- I am looking for applicants that are willing to use our puppets for puppet shows.
- I am looking for applicants that are willing to use our flannel board stories.
- I am looking for applicants that are willing to learn to use our drama boxes.
- I am looking for applicants that are willing to use our dance CD’s.
- I am looking for applicants that are willing to use our lummi stick, scarf, bean bag and parachute activites.
- I am looking for applicants that are willing to learn to use our Science Activities.
- I am looking for applicants that are willing to learn to use our Music Activities.
- I have 2 buildings on 2 acres of land.
- Each building has it’s own playground and bathroom.
- Children are 3-5 years old and are not required to wear masks.
- I teach 10 children in the Big Building.(This number could change)
- There are 5 children in the 3 day program in the smaller building.(This number could change)
- I need someone to work with the 3 day students while I work with the 5 day students.
- I can use help on Monday and Friday with my group of 10
- 7:00 Set up school for the day by following a daily checklist and caring for class pet guinea pigs
- 7:15 Supervise the before school care children
- 8:00 Greet children, take temperatures, sign in
- 8:15 Prep Activities for the day
- 8:30-10:30 Lead Classroom
- 10:30-11:30 Outdoor Play
- 11:30-12:00 Lunch Break
- 12:00-12:45 Tidy Lunch Area
- 1-2:00 Supervise Rest time
- 2:00-2:30 Outdoor Play
- 2:45 Dismiss children to their families
- 3:00 End Day