Substitute teachers will report to the School Director.
Located in Memphis, TN, in the Frayser community, New Hope Christian Academy is an independent, urban, college-preparatory elementary school providing students with a challenging intellectual and Christ-centered education. Our goal is to equip every child with the necessary tools to effectively pursue high school graduation and a college education. We strive to ground our students in the knowledge of God as uniquely revealed in Jesus Christ and attested to in the Scriptures. New Hope has provided the highest standards for intellectual and Christ-centered learning while also developing lasting relationships with
our students and their families beyond their Pre-K3 through 6th grade experiences into middle and high school, college, and beyond. Our alumni excel and thrive at Memphis’ most challenging public and independent schools. New Hope Christian Academy remains committed to changing Memphis one student at a time, for the glory of God.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Demonstrate a love for God and His children
• Instructs students and facilitates their learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
• Provides classroom instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans.
• Creates a classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
• Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures in which assigned.
• Maintains a professional appearance as an example to students.
• Remains at school the entire school day, unless otherwise instructed to leave by school director.
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility.
• Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• Supervises students at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Education and/or Experience: Must have a minimum of 60 college credit hours.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret lesson plans, technical procedures, and textbooks. Ability to write general correspondence. Ability, both orally and in writing, to present information effectively and respond appropriately to questions and concerns from individuals, administrators, and students.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and to understand abstract and concrete variables.
Interested applicants should print and complete the faculty application located on the school website and submit the application and resume to Debbie Casey – email@example.com
Please note this position is an “as needed” basis.