Campus Principal Job Description
|Department:||Network Level||Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Level:||Group 3||Work Hours:||Normal school hours|
|Job Type:||Full Time||FLSA Status:||Exempt|
This position is responsible for providing the leadership and management necessary to administer and supervise all programs, policies, and activities of the school to ensure high-quality educational experiences and services for the students in a safe and enriching environment.
The Director will assess the effectiveness of the K-12 Principal annually with respect to the performance of specific responsibilities and in accordance with state and school board policies.
Duties of the K-12 Principal include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set and enforce rigorous standards for student achievement aligned with the district and the state standards.
- Develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the vision, mission, and values of Memphis School of Excellence.
- Maintain active involvement in the school improvement planning process with the School Improvement Councils (SIC) by providing resources for decision-making and priority setting.
- Lead teachers and staff in developing a healthy school culture aligned with the vision, mission, and values of the school and the district.
- Create a culture of excellence, teamwork, and collaboration amongst the staff, teachers, students, and families.
- Foster a school climate that supports both student and staff success while promoting respect and appreciation for all students, staff, and parents.
- Oversee all programs, services, and activities to ensure that program objectives are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal funding sources.
- Manage student enrollment process to ensure that the school achieves its targeted enrollment projections.
- Ensure the safety and security of all students, staff, visitors, and public and property.
- Ensure an orderly learning environment.
- Ensure appropriate standards of student behavior, performance, and attendance.
- Ensure that all disciplinary issues are addressed fairly and immediately.
- Manage, evaluate, and develop a team of teachers.
- Work with teachers to constantly assess and improve student achievement results.
- Ensure use of effective, research-based teaching methodologies and practices.
- Implement data-driven instructional practices and lead discussions about student performance.
- Work with teachers to improve their teaching practice through coaching, professional development, modeling, and collaborative planning.
- Keep abreast of successful instructional methodologies and practices.
- Provide high quality curricular training and resources to staff.
- Ensure consistencies in instruction and practice amongst team of teachers.
- Foster culture of professionalism among teachers and staff.
- Ensure learning environment and classroom instruction maximizes student learning.
- Monitor progress of all students.
- Supervise and mentor all teachers.
- Oversee routine facilities maintenance.
- Oversee management of school records and resources as necessary.
- Ensure compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Recruit, select, and hire school staff, including teachers and school-based support staff.
- Continually monitor progress on all measures of school and staff performance.
- Administer the District approved personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure legal hiring and termination procedures in collaboration with the District’s Human Resources staff.
- Oversee all disciplinary actions.
- Provide for adequate supervision, training, and evaluation of all staff and volunteers.
- Communicate the vision that supports the school’s goals and values.
- Create an effective team of people jointly responsible for the attainment of school goals and committed to achieving excellence.
- Serve as liaison between teachers, parents, and the community.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism in all elements of this position, while serving as a contributing member of the Shelby County School District and Community and a dedicated role model for other employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and endorsement in the grade/subject taught with a valid Tennessee certificate
- Must be highly qualified
- Administrative experience is preferred
- Governed by the Rules and Regulations of the Tennessee Code Annotated and the Tennessee Board of Education
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the position
Data Utilization: Requires the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data. Includes exercising discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing such analysis to established standards for the purpose of recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and relationships.
Human Interaction: Requires the ability to provide guidance, effective supervision, assistance, and/or interpretation to others regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data, and information.
Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; the ability to calculate decimals and percentages; the ability to utilize principles of fractions; and the ability to interpret graphs.
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of rational systems, philosophies, laws, regulations, and procedures; to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria and the goals and priorities of planning and development programs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Light Work: may require occasional light lifting
- Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required
- Position is in the office setting and may involve prolonged work at a desk in one location
- Moderate travel is require
Memphis School of Excellence offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin, or genetic information.
Primary Location Cordova 6-12
Salary Range $79,000.00 – $116,500.00 / Per Year
Shift Type Full-Time