|Department:||Network Level||Reports to:||Assistant Executive Director|
|Level:||Non-Educator Exempt||Work Hours:||Normal school hours|
|Job Type:||Full Time||FLSA Status:||Exempt|
- Responsible for the ordering of materials, supplies, and/or equipment, and the follow through with vendors on shipment and delivery.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create, propose, and direct the network’s approved financial operations.
- Prepare the annual school budget and annual meeting booklet; conduct a budget hearing to inform the public of the proposed budget.
- Monitor all monies coming into the network and insure good audit trails and accountability.
- File all necessary reports, claims, and forms to secure all money due to network grants.
- Work with auditors to complete year-end audit.
- Assist the Principals with the development of their individual building budgets.
- Direct the budgetary process in purchasing and supply management.
- Manage the network’s budget and contribute to financial decisions throughout the year.
- Monitor the Student Activity Fund.
- Provide leadership in projecting and financial planning for future years.
- Conduct a finance committee meeting to present information on network expenditures and receipts prior to each regular board and principal meeting.
- Ensure absolute confidentiality of information, files, and records.
- Analyzes financial information for the purpose of identifying potential budget variances, compiling statistical information, developing policies and procedures and/or conforming to network, state and federal funding requirements.
- Analyzes specific accounting operations for the purpose of ensuring efficiency and adherence to established internal policies and procedures.
- Assists auditors for the purpose of providing required information and coordinating necessary project activities.
- Assists in developing reporting processes, procedures and internal controls (e.g. year end audit preparation, state regulations and requirements, revenue and expense projections, general ledger, audit clerk backup, cross training duties, fixed assets and utility accounting, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing information flow and maintaining accurate records.
- Assists writers of grant requests as assigned (e.g. providing statistical information, analyzing historical funding patterns, reviewing grant requirements, etc.) for the purpose of developing proposals.
- Collaborates with others (e.g. network personnel, other campus personnel, community organizations, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
- Compiles statistical and financial data for the purpose of providing information for budget recommendations and/or ensuring compliance with established regulations.
- Composes a wide variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, policies, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Create, place and track vendor purchase orders. Process incoming/outgoing purchase orders.
- Maintain vendor profile database.
- Advises staff and/or faculty as to appropriate choices of standard items to be purchased for classrooms, offices and laboratories. Order everything from office supplies to materials needed.
- Must be able file bid documents. Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Must be able to negotiate and obtain competitive bids to reduce costs.
- Follows up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on scheduled dates.
- Maintains records and follow up files of purchases, shipments, and related matters.
- Maintains files of descriptions of available supplies.
- May inspect products received for quality and quantity to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Coordinates payments between the vendors and the campuses. Make sure that payments are done on time from appropriate funds of grant, general fund or activity fund.
- Communicates with the campuses for any unpaid invoices.
- Maintain account holders at approved vendors.
- Contact vendors for resolving the issues between campuses and the vendors.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years’ experience in business, administration, or teaching is preferred.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the position
Data Utilization: Requires the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data. Includes exercising discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing such analysis to established standards for the purpose of recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and relationships.
Human Interaction: Requires the ability to provide guidance, effective supervision, assistance, and/or interpretation to others regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data, and information.
Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; the ability to calculate decimals and percentages; the ability to utilize principles of fractions; and the ability to interpret graphs.
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of rational systems, philosophies, laws, regulations, and procedures; to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in situations involving an evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria and the goals and priorities of planning and development programs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Light Work: may require occasional light lifting
- Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required
- The position is in the office setting and may involve prolonged work at a desk in one location
- Moderate travel is required
Memphis School of Excellence offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin, or genetic information.
Primary Location Network Office
Salary Range $40,000.00 – $58,000.00 / Per Year
Shift Type Full-Time