This is a unique opportunity to join the work of expanding three high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a new program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized as a TVAAS 5 school, scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test and earned double digit gains in proficiency over the prior year on the state assessment. Former US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan recognized the school for outstanding student achievement during his visit to Cornerstone Prep.
CEG teachers enjoy significant support, professional development, planning time and career opportunities:
– There are 2 Directors of Instructions/teacher coaches at Lester Prep, creating significant individual support for every teacher, helping teachers solve classroom problems and grow professionally.
– Individual and small group PD sessions occur during daily planning periods and school dismisses by 2:30 every Friday afternoon so staff can participate in focused professional development.
– Every school has designated behavior teams and counselor to support classroom teacher
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
– Work directly with Dean of Instruction and Dean of Academic Achievement to create and implement STEM curriculum and project-based instructional strategies to ensure all students achieve at high levels
– Create and use a variety of instructional techniques, media, and performance assessments
– Ensure that all lessons and assessments correlate directly to Common Core state standards
– Use technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration
– Collaborate with math and science teachers to plan and execute lessons that are aligned to skills/standards addressed in the curriculum map
– Participate in math and science data meetings
– Provide math or reading intervention during Learning Lab block
– Serve as a backup teacher for math/science classrooms
– Produce dramatic and consistent student achievement gains
– Humbly receive and quickly apply feedback in order to increase the effectiveness of student learning
– Use data to drive instructional practices
– Create a classroom culture of high academic performance and strong moral character
– Continuously create and refine effective instructional practices
– Willingness to work in an extended day environment
– Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
– Active Tennessee teaching licensure with endorsement that allows teaching middle school STEM, math or science.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Belief that there is not a more urgent task than to provide an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
– Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
– An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
– Commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all students for college success
– Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains
– Ability to work well in a team of high performers
– Willingness to be a team player and at times take on duties above and beyond those listed
– Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
– Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
– Value common language, assessments, and systems in every CEG school
Capstone Education Group:
– Capstone Education Group leads three neighborhood charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (Pre-K-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (Pre-K-5) and Lester Prep (6-8).
– Capstone Education Group’s Vision: CEG equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
– Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org/joinourteam to view all of our open positions and for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.