The Math Specialist serves on the Instructional Leadership team with the School Director, Multi-Classroom Leaders, and Literacy Specialist. The Math Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all math-focused programming, curricula, and intervention are implemented with fidelity.
- Starting Salary Range: $61,200 – $70,380
- Benefits: Award-Winning low to no-cost Health, Dental, Vision plans for Individuals and Families
- Provide ongoing data-driven PD for both teachers and coaches
- Serve as Teach to One Math coach
- Model implementation of chosen Math curricula
- Collaborate with coaches to develop expertise with curricular tools
- Collaborate with coaches to appropriately observe Math teachers and provide aligned feedback
- Oversee Math programs and initiatives in the school (parent, teacher, and student facing)
- Oversee school level implementation RTI (implementation fidelity, ensure progress monitoring is taking place)
- Review Math data and support the school in adjusting course based on the data (areas of growth & plan to address)
- REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in education, human services, social work, or psychology, or a related field. Hold or obtain relevant teaching certification including, but not limited to, Reading Specialist pre-K-12 (486), Elementary Education (120), or English 6-12 (159). At least two years of experience, preferably in a high-performing urban school environment. Excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including students, teachers, families, and school administrators.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree. Previous experience working in the school turnaround model.
- WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE: Eligible candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States with no requirement for sponsorship. No security clearance is necessary. Employment is contingent upon clearance of a comprehensive background check and fingerprint analysis.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position is not responsible for supervising staff.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in an educational, office setting. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/laptops, phones, copier/scanner/fax machines, and filing cabinets.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing and walking all day. The employee must infrequently lift and/or move items under 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to high noise levels. In the course of this work, the employee may be required to physically move or restrain a student in accordance with network and district policies and guidelines.
- POSITION TYPE / WORK HOURS: This is a full-time position. Typical School hours are from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. However, this work may require 40+ non-standard work hours to be effective.
- TRAVEL: Minimal to moderate travel to attend professional development and/or meetings is expected for this position.
- EEO STATEMENT: Memphis Scholars is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate based on gender, race, age, disability, color, creed, religion, marital status, or any state or federally protected status. Employment is at will and can be terminated upon notification by either party. Continued employment can’t be guaranteed or promised by any Memphis Scholars employee or representative except the Executive Director.
- THE REWARDS: Competitive salary and benefits package. Opportunities for advancement within the Memphis Scholars network. Professional connections with other expert educators who share your commitment to doing whatever it takes to close the achievement gap. Weekly professional development sessions. Chance to maximize your impact by working in schools where we are raising the bar for student achievement.