Purpose and Scope
This position is responsible for introducing students to the health science industry, enabling students to pursue courses in high school that lead to careers in the fields of biotechnology research, therapeutics, health informatics, diagnostics, and support services.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates an educational environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and needs of the students; prepares instructional materials for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation to supervisor/administrator upon request.
- Establishes a standard of classroom behavior; maintains classroom management in and outside of the school.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on an established timetable, and provides written and oral progress reports to parents/guardians, administrators and selected staff; administers tests and assessments.
- Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students within state and school requirements based on the educational, physical, and emotional levels of student development.
- Confers with parents, administrators, specialists, mental health staff, and appropriate resource staff to develop educational programs for students.
- Creates learning materials geared to students’ abilities and interests.
- Instructs students by using educational strategies and techniques to improve sensory-motor and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory language, communication skills, cognition, social, and emotional development.
- Motivates students and provides consistent reinforcement of learning skills, and provides continuous assessment and feedback to students for all learning activities.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, and district and administrative regulations.
- Assists administration in implementing all policies, and rules governing student activities and conduct.
- Sponsors student activities/clubs/teams/organization and tutors students as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and health science endorsement in the grade taught, with a valid Tennessee license.
Ability to teach students of grades 6-12.
Ability to work with students of all ages.
Must be physically and mentally able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the position.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.