Libertas School of Memphis is a Montessori, liberal arts public charter elementary school serving a high- need neighborhood in Memphis. Our mission is to be a school for human flourishing: cultivating minds, hands, and hearts for lives of wonder, work, and love. We offer students from preschool through fifth grade a rich, rigorous, and personalized education in multi-age classrooms through Montessori learning, supported with rich liberal arts content through Core Knowledge, and the best practices of high-performing urban schools. This work is done within an attachment village of supports between school, families, and our community.
Role summary and key responsibilities
- Answer phone calls from families who are having technical difficulties with our At-Home Learning software and/or hardware.
- Diagnose and repair a variety of software and hardware issues.
- Help solve tech problems over the phone or on-campus.
- Train families on procedures for logging into various school software systems.
- Support At-Home Learning Teachers who are experiencing tech issues.
- Update or reset login information in various software systems.
- Deploy hardware to new students.
Qualifications and Traits
- Experience working with a variety of software and hardware
- Customer service oriented. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and strategically about tech issues
- Flexibility, initiative, and personal responsibility to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Fortitude for the challenges we will face.
- Work collaboratively, with a growth mindset. Give and receive feedback in a spirit of craftsmanship.
Hours and Compensation
- Begin with 7:30-3:30 daily (7:30-4:30 on Wednesdays). Hours may change to part-time as the position evolves. Periodic afternoon or evening hours may be scheduled in advance.
- Hourly wage competitive with the local school district and nearby charter schools.
- Temporary positions are not eligible for benefits. If this position becomes a permanent position, employee would become eligible for benefits.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.LibertasMemphis.org, where candidates can also learn more about our school. Please submit a resume, at least three references, and a cover letter (required) explaining why you would be a good fit for this position. Please direct any questions to hr@LibertasMemphis.org. Libertas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.