Libertas School of Memphis is a Montessori, liberal arts public charter school serving a historic but marginalized neighborhood in Memphis. Our mission is to be a school for human flourishing: cultivating minds, hands, and hearts for lives of wonder, work, and love. We offer students a rich, rigorous, and personalized education through the learning method of Dr. Maria Montessori, liberal arts and Core Knowledge, and the best practices of high-performing urban schools. We foster a culture of character and excellence. And we are an attachment village of supports between school, families, and our community. We serve approximately 450 children age 3 to 11 (PreK through 5th grade) in inclusive, multi-age classrooms.
Role summary and information
- Key function: Provide exceptional front office service to students, families, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- This role roughly follows the school calendar 7:30-3:30 pm during school days (4:30 PM on Wednesdays) including staff in-service days as published in advance.
- May assist with periodic school events outside of the normal schedule.
- Measures of success for position include customer satisfaction among teachers and families; accurate entry of attendance; timely and thorough completion of tasks; performance evaluations; and related indicators.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Reports to Office Manager.
- Key relationships: Teachers, students and families, Office Manager, Family Engagement Coordinator, Director of Operations, Principal, and AV Team.
Front Office Resource Coordination
- Answer phone calls to the school, respond to inquiries, transfer calls, and take messages.
- Screen and greet all individuals entering the building in alignment with the school safety guidelines and guide them to their appropriate destinations.
- Enter attendance, tardies, and excuse notes; monitor classroom attendance completion
- Clerical activities, including routine correspondence, assisting with filing records and documents, processing mail, copying, filing, etc to support school operations.
- Access and update basic information (e.g. family phone numbers) in PowerSchool student information system, SchoolMint registration system, and other school data tracking systems. Generate lists, rosters, and reports as needed.
- Health-related tasks, i.e. bandages & taking temperatures, in absence of nurse.
- Maintain welcome packets, visitor logs, employee information, etc for the purpose of providing reference information.
- Assist in supervising students sent to the office
- Support arrival/dismissal procedures
- Assist as spokesperson with community outreach, family orientation and events.
- Place calls for out of service office equipment and printers and ensure timely repair.
- Order, organize and maintain office supplies, storage closets, and workroom.
- Record student behavior data for students who utilize the school’s transportation services, and communicate any updates to bus pick-up/drop-off times to families.
- Coordinate and track all visitors, volunteers, and tours.
- Organize and maintain student uniform ordering and inventory systems
- Timely attendance
- Physical demands: Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone; seeing to read a variety of documents; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment; sitting for extended periods of time; bending, kneeling or stooping, reaching overhead to store or retrieve materials, and walking.
- Friendly, welcoming approach.
- Customer service, correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and business vocabulary. Telephone and e-mail etiquette. Basic arithmetic.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with school site staff and families.
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Traits
- High school diploma
- Love of learning.
- Flexibility, initiative, and personal responsibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Fortitude for the challenges we will face.
- Work collaboratively, with a growth mindset. Give and receive feedback in a spirit of craftsmanship.
- Moderate computer skills.Comfort accessing computer files, word processing, and finishing and entering information in a spreadsheet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Warm and firm demeanor.
- Full-time, salaried role equivalent to hourly wage of $14.50 to $17 per hour based on qualifications
- Investment in your professional development and growth
- Full time employees are eligible for health insurance benefits, which we sponsor at an above-market rate (approx. 80% covered by employer for all levels of coverage). We also offer dental, vision, and other benefits, and retirement plans.
- Paid sick leave.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.LibertasMemphis.org, where candidates can also learn more about our school. Please submit a resume, at least three references, and a cover letter (required) explaining why you would be a good fit for this position. Please direct any questions to info@LibertasMemphis.org. Libertas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.