Background: Libertas School of Memphis is a Montessori, liberal arts public charter school serving a high-need neighborhood in Memphis. Our mission is to be a school for human flourishing: cultivating minds, hands, and hearts for lives of wonder, work, and love. We offer our students a rich, rigorous, and personalized education through Montessori learning, supported with rich liberal arts content. And we are an attachment village of support between school, families, and our community.
Role summary and information
- Key function: conduct business and personnel / HR functions to ensure our team is adequately equipped to pursue our mission.
- Full time, year-round position. Regular schedule 7:30am – 4pm; modified schedule during school breaks may be available; assist with occasional events outside the normal schedule. Two weeks each of paid sick and vacation time. Employer-sponsored professional development and training available.
- Salaried position: range from high 30’s (entry level) to mid 50’s (veteran) per year, depending on experience and qualifications. Health and retirement benefits similar to or better than market averages.
- Reports to Director of Operations. Key relationships include Data Systems Administrator; Finance consultant; payroll/benefit program partners; operations team, administrators, and faculty members
Measures of success
- All staff on-boarded, paid, and provided benefits accurately and on time; all employee and financial records are up to date, coded correctly, and compliant
- Purchasing and bills are completed on time and on budget
- Customer service: 90% stakeholder satisfaction. 90% on-time response/resolution of help requests.
- Satisfactory performance evaluations and other indicators
- Payroll, benefits, and HR / personnel
- Coordinate employee onboarding, offboarding, and benefits administration cycles (e.g. background checks, certifications, insurance and retirement programs, etc). With help from partners, provide well-organized orientation about employment and benefits and help resolve questions.
- Gather, track, maintain, and ensure compliance of all employee records (e.g. payroll deductions, benefit registrations, certifications, training compliance), including internal documents as well as status of employee information with benefits partners.
- Prepare and submit payroll accurately and on-time.
- Assist with employee engagement initiatives to support retention and satisfaction.
- Purchasing, accounts payable, and other business processes
- Research, select, and purchase approved items; coordinate with office team on receipt/delivery.
- Receive and process invoices; ensure documentation (e.g. W-9, backup, coding, etc) and approvals.
- Maintain internal documentation and code transactions in designated systems.
- Maintain cash and receipts, reconcile, and make deposits, as required.
- Monitor and coordinate with other staff to complete compliance reporting requirements.
- Stretch goal: conduct monthly grant reimbursement processes.
- Customer service:
- Process help requests for items above to ensure they are resolved in line with service levels.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, competencies, and traits for position
- Experience with HR/payroll and/or accounts payable strongly preferred.
- Experience with spreadsheets and word processing strongly preferred; eagerness to be trained required.
- College degree preferred but not required. Professional verbal and written communication skills required.
- Thorough, organized, with strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects.
- Customer service demeanor.
- Flexibility, initiative, responsibility, and teamwork.
- Model and support the school’s philosophy of human flourishing and the attachment village.