Libertas School of Memphis is a Montessori, liberal arts public charter elementary school serving a high-need neighborhood in Memphis. Our mission is to be a school for human flourishing: cultivating minds, hands, and hearts for lives of wonder, work, and love. We offer students from preschool through fifth grade a rich, rigorous, and personalized education through Montessori learning, supported with rich liberal arts content through Core Knowledge, and the best practices of high-performing urban schools. Our school culture emphasizes forming character virtues, implementing restorative practices, and fostering an attachment village of supports between school, families, and our community.
Role summary: Plan, administer, and optimize LEAPS grant funding to provide a rich after school program that supplements instruction students receive during the school day. The program goals include: increase growth in reading and math, exhibit positive behavioral changes, decrease chronic absenteeism, and embed family engagement.
- Part-time, following the school calendar. Hours approximately 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, but the schedule can be negotiable and could be performed entirely outside the regular school day.
- Will require time in the summer to plan and prepare the program.
- Assist with periodic events outside of the normal schedule.
- Hourly wage of $25 to $30 per hour based on qualifications.
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Key relationships: Teachers & Assistant Teachers, office staff, operations staff, community partners and students
Measures of success
- Compliance standards are successfully met and maintained as necessary.
- Multiple community partners established and utilized each semester.
- Facilitate family engagement activity for participating families at least once per month.
- Satisfactory performance evaluations and parent surveys given twice yearly
- Other indicators as determined.
- Plan and implement program according to grant guidelines: Programs should be planned and implemented to satisfy grant requirements in all areas. There are detailed requirements including attendance goals, two family surveys, four family engagement events, two professional development sessions for staff, and specific programming requirements detailed in the LEAPs application. Should deficiencies be identified, they are to be appropriately addressed for correction.
- Supervise staff: Oversee staff scheduling and assignments. Observe and give feedback according to program goals.
- Intervention or enrichment teaching: Teach an enrichment or intervention course to small groups of after school students.
- Data entry: All systems should be updated with accuracy in a timely manner and submitted by designated deadlines for compliance.
- Manage resources: Staffing, schedule, and materials should be effectively coordinated and utilized to meet program requirements and stay within a given budget.
- Establish community partnerships: Secure and utilize community partners to facilitate physical and enrichment opportunities tied to grant requirements.
- Safety: Maintain a safe environment by complying with all state and child care guidelines including safety protocols and regulations.
Qualifications and traits
- Experience working in a school environment is preferred.
- Experience in successfully working with and supporting other adults.
- Proficiency with creating spreadsheets for data input and analysis as well as working with Google Suite.
- Timeliness and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Customer service oriented. Effective communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking.
- Ability to multitask while staying organized and attentive to detail.
- Flexible, takes initiative, and has a strong sense of personal ownership of responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively and with a growth mindset; give and receive feedback in a spirit of craftsmanship.
- Model of character and virtue.
- Dedication to support human flourishing through the school’s philosophy of wonder, work, and love for all students.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.LibertasMemphis.org, where candidates can also learn more about our school. Please submit a resume, at least three references, and a cover letter (required) explaining why you would be a good fit for this position. Please direct any questions to info@LibertasMemphis.org. Libertas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.