As a leader in providing high quality education for low income students, KIPP Memphis Public Schools (KIPP Memphis) is a network of open enrollment, tuition-free, college preparatory public charter schools. KIPP Memphis is part of the Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) network of high performing public charter schools. KIPP’s network spans more than 200 schools across the US and is known for having high expectations, focusing on results and ensuring students achieve their post-high school goals. The mission of KIPP Memphis is “Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose – college, career, and beyond – so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.”
Founded in 2002, KIPP Memphis serves elementary, middle, and high school students in North Memphis. The KIPP Memphis team and family serves as a model of excellence and collaborates with other community organizations to raise the overall quality of education in Memphis.
The RTI Coordinator supports school based Response to Intervention (RTI) implementation through development of and consultation with general and special educators, development and implementation of student interventions, and coordination of RTI practices, data collection, and data review for academics and behavior. The RTI Coordinator will be responsible for providing push-in and pull-out support, as well as overseeing paperwork for Tier III and Tier II students. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience with teaching students how to be strong readers and mathematicians.
- Provide initial and ongoing training and consultation to general-education teachers for implementation of Tier I, Tier II and Tier III interventions
- Support data reviews to assist teachers in making tier placement decisions
- Support teachers in RTI data collection and record-keeping
- Develop and implement Tier III interventions and supports
- Develop and maintain a calendar to ensure timely data analysis and student reviews
- Collaborate with school and district Special Education teams as needed for student referrals
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as needed
- Facilitate the development of character and community in the classroom
- Coordinate and Lead RTI Data Meetings
- Support with the communication of students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with families on a regular basis
- Support with the management of Academic Interventionists
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Strong ability to collect and analyze data to make instructional decisions
- Familiarity with a wide variety of research-based interventions and resources in Reading and Math
- Experience managing across teachers and interventionists to facilitate RTI program requirements
- Master’s degree
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Experience managing an RTI program
- Experience teaching underserved students
- Experience working with English Language Learners
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience, degree attainment, and credentials. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
- Prolonged periods standing and actively observing teachers
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to facilitate classroom transitions by walking through hallways and up and down stairs with students
KIPP Memphis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
All application information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.