This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to enhance and develop operational tools, systems, and processes to help KIPP Memphis reach a new level of success. The Director of Operations will lead implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems while building a data-driven, service-oriented culture, guiding the planning and reporting systems for operations and project management. The Director of Operations will report to the Chief Management Officer.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Chief Management Officer to establish and accomplish organizational goals, objectives, and strategic plans
- Design and implement internal operational systems capable of supporting a network of five schools and facilitate ongoing assessment and evaluation of the organization’s growth initiatives with respect to:
- Compliance and reporting
- Risk management
- Lead the KIPP Memphis COVID response by working directly with senior-level staff to tackle COVID-specific responsibilities; coordinating communications; liaising with public health; responding to positive cases
- Lead the KIPP Memphis operations team, be responsible for regional day-to-day operational initiatives, and serve as a thought leader and subject matter expert on centralized regional and school operations
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with Operations leaders in other KIPP regions, sharing best practices, serving as thought partner, and exploring opportunities to leverage relative strengths
- Drive efforts to achieve greater operations efficiency (such as outsourced solutions) while maintaining the primary accountability to internal stakeholders to provide a high level of responsive customer service that enables them to keep their focus on serving the scholars who need us the most
- Responsible for setting and achieving customer-driven goals, identifying and implementing best practices, effective and efficient problem solving, and reporting status to stakeholders
- Drive operational support to Directors of School Operations through training, project management, workflow and development, and evaluation of team metrics
- Collaborate with School Operations teams to assess challenges and identify high-leverage improvements and develop solutions around KIPP’s school-level operations, including transportation and food services plans
- Facilitate bi-weekly meetings to ensure the sharing of best practices for school operations across the district
- Facilitate weekly one-on-one meetings with School Directors of Operations to discuss operations and compliance-related updates, training opportunities and deliverables
- Manage all facilities, food service, transportation, and technology procurement processes for the district that adhere to state and federal procurement policies
- Oversee program budgets and reporting for child nutrition, facilities and transportation
- Directly manage compliance efforts to ensure KIPP Memphis schools and regional compliance with all student/charter reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance with all KIPP Memphis policies and procedures, and federal and state school regulations, including operations training for new hires. Update and communicate processes and procedures to all stakeholders
- Secure contracts and manage relationships with consultants and outsourced vendors
- Other duties, as assigned by Chief Management Officer
- At least five (5) years of work experience in business and/or operations, including a minimum of two (2) years of management experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial charter school environment, or a similar organization
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the support of high-performing schools, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success leading financial oversight and budgetary tracking to support strategic growth, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, high-profile and complex projects simultaneously, and a strong ability to multitask, prioritize effectively, and manage time well to accomplish goals and drive change
- Bachelor’s degree, required; Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced certification (PMP, administrator license, etc.), strongly preferred
- Successful candidates will be
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Team-players capable of working both collaboratively and independently
- Able to effectively manage other people, both directly and indirectly
- Highly organized and resourceful, with strong attention to detail
- Proactive, continually looking for ways to avert problems and improve systems
- Outstanding communicator (written and oral) with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Articulate, with a professional demeanor and strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Flexible, creative, and collaborative with a sense of humor and unquestioned commitment to KIPP Memphis’ mission and values
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
Salary: Approximately $ 70,000 – $ 75,000 (depending on years of experience, degree attainment, and credentials)
KIPP Memphis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KMCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
About KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools
About KIPP Memphis Schools:
KIPP Memphis is part of KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program), a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond. There are currently 255 KIPP schools serving nearly 100,000 students. Today, KIPP Memphis serves over 2,000 students in our five schools in north Memphis and almost 800 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.
As a leader in providing high quality education for students who need us most, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career, and beyond - so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world. We believe that educational outcomes should not be determined by family income, race, or zip code. The aim of KIPP Through College (KTC) is to ensure that college graduation is an option for all KIPP Memphis students. All KTC team members are responsible for ensuring that students (and their families) receive information on college access, admissions and financial aid processes, and resources to support students in their transition to and through college. Additionally, the KTC team advocates for college access and greater support for low-income, underrepresented, and/or first generation college students to help eliminate barriers to college matriculation and graduation.