Cornerstone Prep Lester (Capstone Education Group, Binghampton)
Cornerstone Prep Lester is looking for an Auxiliary Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The aux teacher’s placement will be determined by increased enrollment or unexpected open position in K-2. Until a classroom is assigned, the goal is to learn the instructional strategies, class/school culture approaches, and curriculum (specific to the assigned grade band K-2, 3-5, 6-8) used at CEG schools.
- Participate in daily and long-range lesson and classroom activity planning with an assigned grade band (K-2, 3-5, 6-8).
- Prepare classroom materials and develop activities for classroom teachers as assigned by school leader.
- Conduct learning experiences with individual students and/or small groups of students.
- Assist building teachers in duties relating to supervision of playground, cafeteria, and student transportation, clean-up routines, preparation for conferences and other similar activities.
- Perform unique functions as may be related to the instruction of students.
- Assist at assigned school in daily duties of which may be car duty, dismissal, and/or extra-curricular duties whenever students are involved in school activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Accept open classroom position (specific to the assigned grade band, K-2, 3-5, 6-8) when one becomes available at any time in the school year at any CEG school.
- Willingness to work in an extended day environment
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
- Arrive at work by 7:15 am and leave no earlier than 3:45 pm Monday through Thursday (staff meetings are on Fridays from 3:45 to 4:00 pm) unless otherwise instructed by your supervisor.
- Active TN Teaching certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion to deliver an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
- Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
- An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
- Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
- Strong communicator who is organized, reliable and detailed and effectively uses data for purposeful planning
- Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
- Value common language, assessments and systems in every CEG school