Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an instructor at JCS, you will deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual. In addition, you will empower students to take control of their own learning and contribute to the continuous improvement of our nationally recognized model. Your professional learning community will provide a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel your growth and development. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to excel in all areas of life.
What You Will Do:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief of Paving Pathways to Success for all scholars and teammates
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with Tennessee State Standards and JCS Instructional Guidelines
- Assess students regularly and refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs
- Communicate regularly with students and families and involve families as partners in their child’s education
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs and improve instructional practices throughout the school
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, principal, and instructional coaches
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Single Subject Math Teaching Credential required
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
- Knowledge of subject matter, including State Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
Journey Community Schools offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, small payroll contributions for rich benefit plans, life insurance/short-term and long-term disability, participation in a TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Journey Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. JCS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
About Journey Community Schools
Welcome to Journey Community Schools. We are excited that you are considering being a part of our team as we aim toward Paving Pathways to Success.
Our Mission is to engage families and community partners in our scholars' learning journey; cultivate a safe, positive and joyous learning environment; and empower teachers and leaders with support to deliver an inclusive, innovative and rigorous education. As a potential team member, you would be a part of carrying out our vision to develop a community of lifelong learners who excel in all areas of life.
Journey is a Tennessee non-profit corporation that serves as a Charter Management Organization through our Home Office and four Memphis Area schools - Hanley Elementary, Hanley Middle, Coleman School and East Academy that serve K-8 scholars. Our original parent organization, Aspire Public Schools was founded in 1998 and is based in California. The Tennessee Region of Aspire was formed in 2013. In June 2019, the Tennessee Region established its own local organization that soon became Journey Community Schools, Inc on January 23, 2020.
For more information about Journey Community Schools, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter at myjourneyscs.com