Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an content specialist at JCS, you will support educators to deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual. You will support our professional learning community in providing a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel growth and development. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is paving a pathway to success.
What You Will Do:
- Cohere curriculum, instruction and assessment for teachers across grade levels and courses
- Align curriculum, instruction and assessment guidance to meet achievement targets
- Backwards map curriculum, instruction, assessment from CCSS/NGSS
- Contribute to development of Principal, Assistant Principal of Instruction, and teacher training scope/sequence
- Identify regional and school progress monitoring systems, frequency and tools to meet achievement targets
- Participate in regional and school progress monitoring, data analysis and adjustment of strategy and supports
- Participate in Instructional Rounds and analyze data to assess progress across classrooms and schools and adjust materials and training accordingly
- Collaborate with Directors of Instruction and the RLT to inform and strengthen approach and quality of CIA materials
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, with relevant degree and/or content expertise; Master’s preferred
- 3+ years as a teacher
- Expertise in elementary and/or secondary Common Core State Standards
- Ability to design systems for standards, curriculum, instruction and assessment alignment that result in higher student achievement
- Knowledge of adult learning and professional development frameworks
- Demonstrated command of the intricacies of instruction-assessment cycle and ability to apply this knowledge to cohesive CIA development
- Demonstrated ability to build adult capacity
- Ability to manage projects including development, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to communicate proactively, effectively and provide and act on feedback
Journey Community Schools offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, small payroll contributions for rich benefit plans, life insurance/short-term and long-term disability, participation in a TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Journey Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. JCS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.