Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an instructor at JCS, you will deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual. In addition, you will empower students to take control of their own learning and contribute to the continuous improvement of our nationally recognized model. Your professional learning community will provide a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel your growth and development. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to excel in all areas of life.
What You Will Do:
- Educates students by planning and developing course of study according the needs of the parents and the curriculum guidelines of the school
- Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement
- Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet
- Monitors, assists, corrects, and evaluate student results by preparing classroom assignments and homework conducive to learning regardless of student’s levels.
- Align the ESL program to help the school site in building an effective school community: working with parents to develop English skills that better support their student’s academic success
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures of Journey Community Schools.
- Keeping a binder with records of attendance, student’s progress, and other notes relevant to the course
- Enhance school’s reputation by following the customer services guidance of the school.
- Attend school meetings, if required by Principal
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Teaching, or related field preferred
- Valid Teaching Credential, including English learner authorization, required
- Experience in giving presentations and speaking in multiple education levels
- Bilingual Spanish speaking candidates, preferred
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
- Knowledge of subject matter, including State Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
Journey Community Schools offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, small payroll contributions for rich benefit plans, life insurance/short-term and long-term disability, participation in a TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Journey Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. JCS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.