The Development Coach of Instruction serves as resource for the implementation of the instructional program for Journey Community Schools at the school site. Provides training and support for teachers on site. Upholds the mission and core values established by Journey Community Schools.
What You Will Do:
- Support school teams in creating pacing guides aligned to standards, curriculum, and school and student needs
- Align curriculum, instruction and assessment guidance to meet achievement targets
- Assist in the development and implementation of campus instructional plans that align to district goals and curriculum
- Facilitate grade level/content team meetings, including intellectual preparation and weekly data meetings
- Provide coaching in support of signature instructional practices and provide demonstration lessons, modeling, and co-teaching as needed
- Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback that facilitates teacher reflection and growth
- Work closely with school leaders to support the development of teacher
- Keep up-to-date on educational research and best practices
- Contribute as a member of the school’s leadership team
- Work with school leaders and the curriculum, instruction, and assessment team to design and provide professional development focused on improving alignment and delivery of the written, taught and tested curriculum
- Work with school leaders and the curriculum, instruction, and assessment team to identify needed resources and supports
- Support the planning and delivery of summer, winter, and recurring training in collaboration with school and regional teams
- Participate in regional and school instructional walks
- Work with teachers and school leadership team to effectively analyze and respond to student data
- Provide limited direct instructional support to students (small group) where needed.
- Maintain high level of organization, personal integrity, and confidentiality
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Journey Community Schools mission, vision, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Masters’ preferred
- Teaching License
- 3+ years teaching, leadership, and/or administrative experience
- Proficiency with G Suite and assessment analysis tools
- Strong organization skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Track record of strong student performance in the content area s/he will coach
- Strong classroom management skills
- Knowledge of universal effective teaching practices
- Ability to work well with colleagues
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- Strong communication and community-building skills
- Outstanding training and presentation abilities
- Deep knowledge of curriculum development and program design
- Record of success in developing teachers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
Journey Community Schools offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, small payroll contributions for rich benefit plans, life insurance/short-term and long-term disability, participation in a TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Journey Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. JCS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.