As a school leader at JCS, you will establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief of Paving Pathways to Success for all scholars and teammates. You will develop future leaders via frequent feedback, coaching, and mentoring, and act as a driving force in the continuous improvement of our nationally recognized model aimed at closing the achievement gap. Your professional learning community will provide a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel your growth and development. Together, we will ensure every scholar receives the support and instruction needed to be successful!
The Assistant Principal works closely with the Principal to manage all the functions of an individual school site, including education program, office operations, budget, community relations, personnel and facilities.
What You Will Do:
- Provide Instructional Leadership for the school site to maintain a school-wide focus on high standards of student achievement, including managing the process for analyzing data to increase student achievement and supporting new teachers through Induction
- Assist in managing human resources, including attracting and selecting top performers, coaching and providing PD opportunities, and developing a collaborative team culture
- Assist in management of all resources at school site and/or manage specified grant or categorical fund
- Represent the school site in building an effective school community, including working with and developing positive relationships with families, community groups, sponsoring districts and neighborhood schools
- Assist in managing daily operations, facilities, safety, and administrative processes
- Lead projects such as long-term strategic planning, process improvement, cycle of inquiry-driven instructional improvements, operational improvement, charter renewal, or any other projects required at the school site
- Work in collaboration with other Principals and Home Office to achieve site and organizational goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, JCS mission, vision, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters or Ph.D. in Education preferred
- Administrative Credential preferred
- 3+ years working with urban students as a full-time teacher preferred
- 7+ years teaching and administrative experience
- Demonstrated commitment to students and learning
- Experience with instructional leadership, including demonstrated knowledge of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and developing teachers
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work as a team
Journey Community Schools offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, small payroll contributions for rich benefit plans, life insurance/short-term and long-term disability, participation in a TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Journey Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. JCS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.