Granville T. Woods Academy of Innovation Charter School Art teachers design weekly lesson plans,
develop standards-based assessments, analyze assessment data, and create intervention plans to meet
our 21st Century Learners’ needs. In addition, GTW teachers integrate technology effectively in the
classrooms, and implement project-based learning.
• Creating lesson plans
• Develop students’ drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
• Teach students about art history
• Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit pupils’ work for the school and
• Assign and grade projects
• Record and report on students’ progress.
• Monitor inventory and source art supplies, as needed.
• Teaching 21st Century Learners a common core based curriculum
• Integrating technology into lessons and plans
• Motivating scholars towards achievement
• Meeting with parents regarding performance and conduct
• Developing 21st Century Learner improvement plans
• Working with special educators in a co-teaching model for students with IEP plans
• Work planning with school and community teams
• Attending required professional development training
• Create and review student assessments
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1 year teaching experience in urban schools (Preferred)
• Valid Tennessee teacher’s license with appropriate endorsement in the grade/subject taught, or
• Currently enrolled in an Educator Preparation Program or have passed the Praxis area content
assessment(s) if the candidate does not hold a valid Tennessee teacher’s license.