*Up to $20,000 Sign-On Bonus Available*
We are seeking Algebra I teachers for several locations in the Memphis area, for the 2021-22 school year! Our staff is committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field ensuring a quality education for all. We offer intensive, specialized professional development days, bi-weekly observations, summer training, and campus-level leadership opportunities. We believe strongly in providing training and support to our staff to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required. The school day for staff runs from 7:15 a.m. to 3:30-4:00 p.m.
- Effectively instruct students in assigned content area(s) as prescribed by Green Dot’s academic content standards through direct instruction, demonstrating, and using audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations with the overall goal of engaging student learning. Teachers are expected to teach an Advisory section to a group of students centered on College, Leadership, and Life.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team and within content areas planning and aligning curricula to ensure that instruction follows curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction.
- Develop and submit weekly and long range lesson plans containing standards, objectives, essential questions, assessments and lesson plans; assign lessons and review homework.
- Consistently use data to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue meaningful reports to inform parents of progress.
- Create and implement student intervention plans when necessary for student with special education program and general education students.
- Maintain the school’s student management policies and procedures (i.e. attendance records, dress code, etc.) and report to the school administrators when necessary.
- Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom.
- Work with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve student issues.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Lead and participate in student activities such as: sponsoring student activities or student organizations, coaching a sports team, working with parents and the community as part of a committee or group, provide morning or after school supervision, and chaperoning student activities.
- Abide by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Special projects and duties outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid and appropriate teaching license* (TN License or Out-of State License – must have reciprocity). This can either be the Math 7-12 endorsement or the Algebra I add-on.
*If you do not hold a teaching license, you may qualify for a Practitioner license while you complete graduate coursework but you must enroll in an EPP program.
- Please review here: https://www.tn.gov/education/licensing/educator-preparation/educator-preparation-programs-providers.html
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong ethical base and self-awareness
- Relentless commitment to and high standards for high quality execution
- Passionate with a high level of personal responsibility towards ambitious goals
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, and drive to achieve and grow
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve
- Commitment to building programs from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-energy environment
- Strong technology skills preferred, students will be both in-person and virtually participating in class instruction
- This employer strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential.
- Please note that we are unable to sponsor H1 VISA applicants.
Our teacher salary is based on years of certified experience and ranges from $45,500-$76,500. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students. Performance-based increases annually. Summer professional development begins July 16, 2021.