Gestalt Community Schools is seeking teacher assistants for the 2021-2022 school year. Teacher assistants will be assigned to elementary, middle or high school levels.
• Assists Teachers with various assignments including copying, observation, checking attendance and other administrative functions.
• Coordinates program activities (e.g. games, art, music, homework, etc.) for the purpose of addressing the individual and/or group needs of children.
• Evaluates situations (e.g. disciplinary problems, hazardous conditions, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Interacts with scholars in various activities (e.g. snack time, homework, etc.) for the purpose of providing for a safe and positive learning environment.
• Maintains various records and files (e.g. enrollment, daily sign-in/out log, invoices, receipts, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, meeting operational requirements and ensuring accurate documentation as required.
• Participates in various meetings (e.g. staff meetings, etc.) for the purpose of sharing information and/or improving one’s skill/knowledge.
• Maintain a safe environment for children.
• Other duties as assigned.
At least one (1) year experience working with and/or managing children or programs involving children;
• Minimum high school diploma; with a minimum of 24 college credit hours
• Have the ability to maintain accurate records;
• Passion for Gestalt’s mission and youth development;
• Reliable, organized and punctual;
• Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and school partners;
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over, the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand;
• Must be able to clearly articulate outcome requirements and provide the necessary and
appropriate resources to successfully deliver on objectives;
• Responsible and professional conduct that serves as a role model to staff and youth;
• Exhibits strong character traits and exercises patience and creativity while seeking win-win scenarios;
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
• Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word; internet, and,
• Must be able to pass a background check investigation