Gestalt Community Schools is seeking Teacher Assistants for the current school year for grades 3-12. Five school locations to choose from: Power Center Academy Elementary Southeast, Power Center Academy Elementary Hickory Hill, Power Center Academy Middle Southeast, Power Center Academy Middle Hickory Hill, or Power Center Academy High School.
Teacher Assistants provide in-person support at one of our five school locations. Teacher Assistants help teachers with various assignments including working with small groups of scholars during instruction, copying, observation, checking attendance as well as other administrative functions.
• Coordinates program activities (e.g., games, art, music, homework, etc.) to address children’s individual and/or group needs.
• Evaluates situations (e.g., disciplinary problems, hazardous conditions, etc.) to take appropriate action and/or direct to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Interacts with scholars in various activities (e.g., snack time, homework, etc.) to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
• Maintains various records and files (e.g., enrollment, daily sign-in/out log, invoices, receipts, etc.) to communicate information, meet operational requirements, and ensure accurate documentation as required.
• Participates in various meetings (e.g., staff meetings, etc.) to share information and/or improve one’s skill/knowledge.
• Maintain a safe environment for children.
• Other duties as assigned.
At least one (1) year experience working with and/or managing children or programs involving children;
- All majors are invited to apply
- Minimum high school diploma; with a minimum of 24 college credit hours
- Have the ability to maintain accurate records
- Passion for Gestalt’s mission and youth development
- Reliable, organized, and punctual
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and school partners
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over, the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand
- Must be able to clearly articulate outcome requirements and provide the necessary and appropriate resources to successfully deliver on objectives
- Responsible and professional conduct that serves as a role model to staff and youth
- Exhibits strong character traits and exercises patience and creativity while seeking win-win scenarios
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word; internet, and be able to pass a background check investigation