Gestalt Community Schools is a system of K-12 college-preparatory charter schools in targeted Tennessee communities. GCS schools provide strong academic outcomes for their scholars through initiatives including meaningful community involvement. GCS catalyzes community leadership to help revitalize the neighborhood as it operates its schools in that community. Instead of debating whether education impacts the community or vice versa, GCS believes that the most effective method to support student achievement is an integration of education and community (a true “gestalt”).
Gestalt Community School teachers design weekly lesson plans, develop standards-based assessments, analyze assessment data, and create intervention plans to meet our scholars’ needs. In addition, GCS teachers integrate technology effectively in the classrooms and implement project-based learning.
• Deliver STEM-oriented instruction to student’s grades 6-8.
• Attends professional development and training related to STEM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research.
• Uses technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
• Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEM initiatives and curriculum.
• Organizes develops and coordinates special STEM events/activities
• Initiates new programs that support the STEM vision.
• Tutoring students/other duties as assigned
• Have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Hold a valid Tennessee teaching license
• A proven track record in the use of a rich array of instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve instruction, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively
• Hold the belief that all students can learn at high academic levels.
• Evidence of planning, organization, and time management skills that will bring structure and accountability to the position.
• Proven ability to apply science and/or math content knowledge, formative assessment, and technology integration at a high level.
• Have the ability to work in an extended day environment.
• Good communication and written skills required.
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills.