Gestalt Community School teachers design weekly lessons plans, develop standards-based assessments, analyze assessment data, and create intervention plans to meet our scholars’ needs. In addition, GCS teachers integrate technology effectively in the classrooms and implement project-based learning. Responsibilities include:
- Creating lesson plans
- Teaching scholars a common core based curriculum
- Integrating technology into lessons and plans
- Motivating scholars towards achievement
- Meeting with parents regarding performance and conduct
- Developing scholar improvement plans
- Working with special educators in a co-teaching model for students with IEP plans
- Work planning with school and network teams
- Attending weekly required professional development training
- Create and review student assessments
- Tutoring students/other duties as assigned
- Holds a current TN teaching license in Elementary Education with appropriate endorsement code 120
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven track record of academic success as evident in TVAAS, state assessments, and value ad data. (Preferred)
- Hold the belief that all students can learn at high academic levels.
- Uses digital content, technology integration, and project-based learning in a highly proficient manner.
- Have the ability to work in an extended day environment.
- Have the ability to teach in an inclusion environment with a co-teacher.
- Good communication and written skills required.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.