The Family Engagement Liaison develops, implements, supports, and evaluates all programming to support parents being a connected, vital part of their children’s educational journey:
- Provides access to school programming (i.e after-school tutoring, after-school reflection, summer enrichment) and community resources.
- Seeks partnerships to support families.
- Support school teams in developing monthly partner-based workshops to enhance family engagement and educational experiences.
- Conducts wellness checks (i.e, health, attendance, academic progress).
- Assist in setting up truancy meetings and providing resources to help develop a strong, family, school attendance plan.
- Have periodic meetings with caseworkers, social workers, or external community partner
- Assist in creating a parent volunteer and recognition program.
- Helps to develop attendance and school-wide acknowledgment and reward initiatives.
- Assist school teams (Dean of Scholar and School Counselors) in coordinating the parent orientation experience
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing to parents and community members.
Bi-lingual – Fluent in Spanish and English with the ability to translate written and oral communications.
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Gestalt’s mission. A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the Dean of Scholar and School Counselor, the responsibility for the development of effective parent relationships and engagement within the school. Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and have a minimum of 2 years experience as a parent counselor or social worker. Must demonstrate keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills. This role must be able to present to and influence all levels and act as a change agent. Must be able to develop and implement initiatives and programs with minimal supervision.
Must be a self-starter with the experience and the ability to frame issues/opportunities for school leaders and senior management. A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board, or other outside partners. Experience and/or knowledge of family resources in the Memphis community is strongly preferred.