Licensed After School Tutors support and implement gap-closure intervention plans during the after school tutorial program in grades 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12. Tutors must be licensed educators with an endorsement in the area of employment: ELA, Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies/History.
- Tutors will create and implement lesson plans designed to close achievement gaps for scholars in grades 3-12;
- Teaching scholars a common core based curriculum;
- Integrate technology into lessons and plans;
- Motivatee scholars towards achievement;
- Meet with parents regarding performance and conduct;
- Developing on-going scholar improvement plans;
- Work with special educators in a co-teaching model for students requiring IEP’s;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current TN teaching license in the appropriate subject area.
- Has a proven track record of academic success as evident in TVAAS, state assessments, and value ad data.
- Hold the belief that all students can learn at high academic levels.
- Uses digital content, technology integration, and project-based learning in a highly efficient manner.
- Have the ability to work in-person in an extended day environment.
- Has the ability to teach in an inclusive environment with a co-teacher.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.