Teachers hold the primary responsibility for the implementation and development of Memphis
College Prep curriculum. Memphis College Prep seeks teachers who are committed to
continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a grade level
and school-wide team. A teacher works relentlessly in their aim to see student growth and want
to hone their skills as effective classroom teachers.
• Drives the Memphis College Prep mission and demonstrates a relentless commitment to the
mission of college graduation beginning in kindergarten.
• Creates rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum and assessments.
• Develops and implements rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with the end goal
of student performance to be at or above grade level.
• Creates, monitors and sustains a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral
• Communicates regularly and proactively with scholars, families, and colleagues.
• Continuously utilizes feedback to make productive changes to instructional practices and
• Completes any administrative requirements before given deadlines.
• Participates in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions,
and other required programs as needed throughout the year.
Minimum 1-2 years of teaching in a Title-I school
Tennessee Teaching License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Successful manager of a Title-I classroom who has used structure, incentives, and high
expectations to drive student success
• Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated quantifiable and objective student
performance gains that surpass state or local averages
• Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities, including those with special needs and low
skill level in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, including parents, colleagues, and community
• Strong data analysis of student achievement data
Commitment to Diversity:
Memphis College Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Please visit https://memphiscollegeprep.org/join-our-team/ to learn more.