An interim special education teacher is needed to teach middle school Math and high school Math Foundations, 7:15 – 10:15 a.m., Monday – Friday.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Elementary (K-8) Education, Mathematics, or related field;
- A minimum of one year of prior teaching experience is required (3 or more years preferred);
- Tennessee teaching license with Special Education or Middle School Math endorsement preferred;
- Exemplary standards of conduct in interpersonal relations, personal commitment, personal appearance, and personal investment in the school to provide a positive example for students
- Strong working knowledge of the Tennessee state-mandated curriculum skills in middle school mathematics, and ability to modify and adapt general education curriculum to meet students’ individual needs;
- Familiarity with specific disabilities and learning styles and techniques;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, strong organizational and time-management skills, and high levels of motivation and creativity;
- Ability to maintain ethical and professional standards and confidentiality and respect for the personal integrity of each student;
- Positive discipline skills, giving encouragement and recognition for jobs done well, setting students up for success;
- Ability to function as a member of an educational team and collaborate with staff;
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with students and families with diverse backgrounds, functioning levels, and needs.
About Concord Academy
Concord Academy offers middle-school and high-school students a unique learning community with an atmosphere of respect and acceptance, within a small, structured, and secure environment. The school was founded in 1983 by a group of concerned parents who recognized that their children with learning differences were falling behind or falling through the cracks in other educational settings. Concord was established to provide the best environment for student growth in all aspects of development, including specialized academic instruction, post-secondary readiness, and social/emotional intelligence. We invite you to experience the difference at Concord Academy.
Concord Academy’s mission is educating students with learning differences to reach their personal bests.
Concord Academy is a state-approved, Category I private school for students in grades 6-12 with learning differences. Concord Academy is a non-profit, educational organization, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, or disability in its enrollment, programs or activities.