● Support and contribute to a school-wide focus on three pillars: academic excellence, values-based character education, and service learning in the community.
● Claim ownership of the privilege and responsibility to ensure high levels of student learning.
● Establish a supportive, joyful, and hopeful classroom culture that has high expectations for students’ individual and collective success.
● Consistently teach with purpose, clarity, and urgency.
● Carefully monitor student progress and make necessary instructional adjustments to ensure student success.
● Communicate regularly with families as partners in the education of their children.
● Welcome opportunities to develop professionally.
● Affinity with, and passion for, the compelling vision of Compass Community Schools
● Strong content knowledge
● Driving commitment to advance student learning
● Ability to lead students toward a joyful and productive learning environment
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to build productive relationships with students and colleagues
● Desire to work hard in a balanced, extended school calendar
● Utmost personal and professional integrity
● Tennessee teaching licensing or eligibility to obtain one
About Compass Community Schools
In July 2019, Compass Community Schools opened six high-quality charter schools (five elementary and one middle/high) in the Memphis communities of Binghampton, Berclair, Frayser, Hickory Hill, Midtown, and Orange Mound. We focus intently on three pillars – academic excellence, values-based character education, and service learning in the community – as we prepare our students for college and life-long success.
Our vision is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s ideal of education: “Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” This true education – provided within a supportive, joyful, and hopeful school culture – will prepare our students to be positive agents of change in our communities.