Communities In Schools of Memphis is hiring a talented Program Manager to join our team! Reporting to and working in close partnership with the Director of Program (DOP). This individual will focus on development of the Integrated Student Support model. Specifically, the Program Manager will provide supervision through effective coaching practices to school-based staff and provide professional development for staff. The Program Manager will also collaborate with the DOP in areas such as post-secondary student support services, and provide support in the overall management of our internship programs. Finally, this person will support the program evaluation processes using CISM’s monitoring/continuous improvement metrics.
Professional Development & Knowledge Management:
The Program Manager will lead the execution of professional development and knowledge management work to engage Schools and Community Partners in the mission of CISM, ensuring they find value in the work and understand how best to work with CISM to deliver best-practice services addressing non-academic barriers to student achievement.
- Ensure the infrastructure necessary for quality implementation and staff guidance is in place
- Build and manage relationships with key school administration and staff
- Manage the data collection and reporting infrastructure
- Ensure successful implementation of the CISM Distance Support model and the CIS National model, establish and manage community partnerships
- Lead and/or support staffing processes
- Develop and implement training and professional development plan
- Ensure staff engagement
- Lead individual performance management and ensure staff engagement
- Develop and implement team-building plans
- Provide problem solving when needed to school based staff
- Champion the CIS National model of integrated student support
- Know and be able to articulate the CISM core value language
- Implement a P-16 strategy to engage education agencies and community-based organizations through promising professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate in the development of necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of best practices throughout Communities In Schools of Memphis.
- Contribute to the design of a comprehensive dissemination system that CIS network employs.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Provide school-based coaching and professional development on CISM-aligned initiatives for School Partners, while also ensuring CISM program staff are well-versed in the same concepts and programs.
- Adapt our best-in-class professional development products and resources to help (P-16) Pre-K-Collegiate educators and youth-serving organizations address their student support challenges.
- Coordinate the successful implementation of programmatic quality standards.
- Support the DOP in the use of data and outcomes to drive student interventions and services.
- ongoing performance evaluation, support and collaboration.
- Work with CISM staff and school partners to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality program management and manage the evaluation of School Partnerships.
- Manage and monitor program implementation at each school to ensure adherence to CISM standards.
- Establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability for partners, employing existing CIS best practices.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required (preferred: MSW with expertise in Macro Social Work, Masters in Counseling and/or licensure)
- Minimum 5 years of youth development experience (preferred: school-based or community-based experience)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing and leading a team of professionals
- Professional Development expertise. This individual will possess demonstrated evidence of excellence in creating and delivering quality professional development to a wide range of audiences. Aspects of professional development expertise should include: program design, implementing training, ensuring staff engagement and leading individual performance management. This person will be considered an outstanding trainer and facilitator who takes delight in teaching and coaching other adults in developing skills and competencies.
- Organization/Planning. Much of the work of the Program Manager will require a high degree of organizational and planning skills, allowing this individual to execute the CISM programmatic strategy in a thoughtful and orderly fashion. This person will be able to effectively prioritize tasks and support others in doing so.
- Attention to detail & follow-through. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project and is able to manage up or across effectively and diplomatically to keep project implementation moving forward
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and a willingness to persevere in order to accomplish goals and is able to encourage others to do the same.
- Communication skills. The Program Manager will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be a persuasive, credible, diplomatic and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. This individual must work collaboratively with internal and external partners. This person possesses excellent listening skills while seeking to understand others’ perspectives and be able to identify gaps in understanding various barriers to success.
- Leading through Influence. The Program Manager will be engaging thus, this individual possesses strong influencing skills to convince others to pursue a course of action in an effective and results-oriented manner.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management, with the ability to implement strategic directives.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people, creating an environment for fruitful partnerships.
- Impeccable integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and takes initiative, with demonstrated passion for CISM’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with others.
- Solid judgment and leadership skills.
- An enthusiastic team player, who can work effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding work environment.
- Able to navigate a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, basic business intuition, and common sense.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated understanding of CISM and a solid grasp of the landscape of public education in Memphis and Shelby County.
- Will require some light lifting
- Most travel will be local, with regular visits to partner schools and district offices so reliable transportation will be important. Candidate must be willing to travel occasionally out of town to events such as CIS National conferences and state convening’s.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
- Salary Range for the position: $60,000 – $70,000
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
This is a full-time position. Working hours are generally 8:30 – 5:00 p.m., however it is expected that this person will have a flexible schedule and will work additional hours occasionally to accommodate evening and weekend activities and reporting deadlines. During the COVID-19 pandemic, employees are allowed to telecommute only if their job duties permit it.
Target Start Date:
May 1, 2021