This is a unique opportunity to join the work of expanding three high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a new program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized as a TVAAS 5 school,scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test and earned double digit gains in proficiency over the prior year on the state assessment. Former US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan recognized the school for outstanding student achievement during his visit to Cornerstone Prep. CEG has also been approved for a new k-8 school serving the ParkwayVillage community.
CEG teachers enjoy significant support, professional development, planning time and career opportunities:
● There are 3 Deans of Instruction/teacher coaches for every school, creating significant individual support for every teacher, helping teachers solve classroom problems and grow professionally. Individual and small group PD sessions occur during daily planning periods and school dismisses early every Friday afternoon so staff can participate in focused professional development.
● Every school has designated behavior teams and counselor to support classroom teachers.
● Elementary school teaching roles include the following benefits: Two full-time teachers in Kindergarten, a designated interventionist to support classroom teachers in delivering effective reading instruction each day and a designated science teacher in grades 3-5 to provide science instruction, providing classroom teachers with an extra planning period and one less subject to prepare.
Cornerstone Prep and Lester Prep schools will continue to add students in grades k-8 to the existing three schools as well as opening a new k-8 school in 2022 and seeks outstanding teammates to lead this work. Please apply soon to be considered for positions in this growing organization.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with theWisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
● Collaborate with teachers and Deans of Instruction to schedule delivery of Tier 2 and 3 Intervention instruction during specials and other non-core instruction during the school day
● Ensure that 80% of Tier 3 students assigned reach their CEG goal through proactive data cycle of progress monitoring, adjusting intervention resources, and delivering targeted interventions as indicated in the blueprint
● Use data from MAP, DRA, CBM, and weekly assessments to help teachers identify students who need additional supports
● Develop proficiency in a variety of literacy interventions (i.e. Heggerty, Orton-Gillingham, Wilson Phonics, Reading Mastery, Guided Reading, and Words TheirWay) and be willing to share instructional practice with teachers
● Support teachers in tracking, documenting and owning student’s progress and attend monthly RTI Data meetings to provide updates on progress monitoring trends
● Work with ELA teachers and Dean of Instruction to support reading and ELA mastery for scholars
● Support daily RLA lessons for caseload of students
● Spend time in classrooms, delivering small group lessons, targeted to meet needs of individual students
● Lead small groups pullouts as needed
● Support school focus on Accelerated Reader and Iready
● Promote books and use of school and class libraries which may include doing some library classes for students
● Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team.These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Passion to deliver an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
● Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
● An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
● Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
● Strong communicator who is organized,reliable and detailed and effectively uses data for purposeful planning
● Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
● Value common language, assessments and systems in every CEG school
Capstone Education Group
● Capstone Education Group leads three neighborhood charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (prek-5) and Lester Prep (6-8).
● Capstone Education Group’sVision: CEG equips all students with theWisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
● Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org/joinourteam to view all of our open positions and for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.